Ideas for your home and life no matter how perfect or imperfect they may be.

Ideas for your home and life no matter how perfect or imperfect they may be.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Izzy and I at the Paint Store

I have not given up on my blog, I've just been a little off track. We all know how this goes. I think I became so overwhelmed by the amount of work that still has to be done I decided to take a small break. There also have been personal issues which have affected me and drained all my creative spirit. I think I am back, or at least I hope so.

Today Izzy and I visited our local Ace Hardware to be color matched. I have to say she was very lady like about the whole ordeal. Perry, my paint man could not hide his amusement at my choice of an item to paint match. Izzy stood very still while they scanned a few places on her back and then layed down on the floor while the paint was being mixed. She even stood while the guys took her picture because one of the guys girlfriend could not believe they were matching paint to a dog. In their defense it was their first dog paint match.

Well Izzy and I got home with our new 3 (different shades of same color) colors of paint, and if you are wondering why there are 3 it is because I am annal. I have to have everything match through the house. I really wish that I had a cute cottage to decorate like most of the blogs I follow, or at least a new house that was just perfect, but I don't. I have a 28 year old ranch style home that wouldn't look right with that complete cottage look so I have to be careful what I do and not overdo. I love to decorate with the same tones with splashes of color and sparkle and texture to each room. That way I can always switch accessories between rooms, yeah.

Well now back to paint, we are going to have to head back to the store. Once the colors were on the wall they kinda had a purple tint and that will not work. Only one worked with the stone fireplace and will have to have 2 more made from that so I am making progress.

Now on a more personal note, for the past two weekends I've had people I know lose their spouse very unexpectedly, this has really touched me in a way that I did not expect. I think we all need to take the time each and every day to tell our spouse or loved one how much we appreciate, respect and love them for who they are and what they add to our lives. I know that I am trying to do better. God Bless you all and thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment